I haven’t done an update since week 17, but that doesn’t mean I’ve been slacking! I have got quite a bit crossed off!
1. Try 1 new main dish recipe a month. (This month I made Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole- yummy!) 2. Try 1 new dessert a month. (My guys are always complaining I don’t bake enough) This month I made Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies)
Make a crockpot meal once a week (It’s such a timesaver!) Missed a few weeks but otherwise have been doing well on this one. 4. Stick to my weekly grocery budget (I’m trying the new cash envelope system for this) Been too busy to organize my coupons for the last couple of weeks so my grocery budget is being overspent
Add to my savings monthly –Adding! Slowly, but still adding!
Pay off all hospital/doctor bills by April 1st Didn’t make the April 1st deadline, but they were paid off the week before Zach had his accident and had surgery on the same knee again. I think I will have to make this a goal on next year’s Project 52 again!
7. Take an outdoor walk weekly (Even in this cold Minnesota weather) NOPE!
8. Do the 50 mile bike ride with Zach. NOPE! My knee is healed, but Zach recently had surgery again so I have a feeling this one will not be crossed off this year 😦
9. Do a girl’s camping trip or weekend with Janeen. (We’ve been planning this for years and never do it) Yay! We did this one. We went to Granite Falls and stayed at the casino there in May. AND, we did a camping trip last weekend as well!
10. Take mom out for margaritas. (Can you say “happy hour”, mom?)
11. Host a Bunco night
Wash the outside of my house
13. Lose 20 pounds (I must have read this wrong. I thought it said gain 20 pounds. My bad.)
14. Go ice fishing with my hubby (He likes to fish- I don’t. and I HATE the cold!) I went summer fishing with him last week do I get half a point for that?
15. Shoot bow with my hubby (He really wants me to do this so I will)
16. Do 1 date night a month with my hubby. (I’m hearing all the time on Facebook how all my friends have such a good time on their weekly date nights. I’m so jealous!)
17. Read 100 books. (Last year I read 86 I KNOW I can hit 100 this year) Book 47/100 read. I better get busy!
18. Do an independent Bible study. (Started this but it’s a loooonnnngggg one)
19. Read 1 inspirational book a month.
Pull 1 book a month off my personal bookshelf and place it in my TBR pile. (I have a lot of books I’ve purchased because I sincerely want to read them, so why do I keep checking out stacks from the library?)
Go through clothes in closet and give to charity. (I’m not a clothes horse but I have run out of room) I brought home boxes. Half a point? Maybe? 22. Blog on book blog once a week. (I enjoyed book blogging but I quit when life got crazy and I just haven’t gotten back to it) 23. Plan at least 2 meals a week from my pantry. 24. Add $5.00 to my Christmas fund weekly (doesn’t sound like much but it will add up, trust me) 25. Find new website for Boy Scouts (the one I have been using now wants to charge us so I’m shopping for a new free one) 26. Update the new website for Boy Scouts once a week during school year
27. Paint my living room (I’m afraid of color. I like open, clean white but I’m ready to stretch)
28. Redo wiring/cabling on my TV/home theater/ DVD recorder/satellite.
29. Install new garbage can roller system under sink
30. Fill in potholes in driveway (it’s like riding a bucking bronco all the way up to my garage)
31. Go to 3 movies at theater this year. We went to Super 8 this summer, but have 2 more to go.
32. Get flower beds cleaned out by June 1st 33. Get flag back up on flagpole. (pulley system broke- I miss it)
34. Get back to weekly training topic at work. This has not been happening. Since I inherited a third department I feel like I have no extra time for anything 😦
35. Hold 2 training meetings at work this year (see #34)
36. Go on 1 pilgrimage with my church (I’ve missed some good ones due to expense or having to take time off from work. One of the day trip pilgrimages would be fun. Walmart will not close down if I ask for the day off!)
37. Have Janeen and Al over for a card night.
38. Have Janeen and Al over for a BBQ
39. Treat mom & dad to a Dutch Oven meal.
40. Hold a coupon class for the Janeen, Lori & Janelle (they’ve been begging!)
41. Bring treats to work for the holidays to thank my associates and show them they are appreciated (I’m thinking Valentines, St Patricks Day, Easter, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. I used to do this several years.) I did Valentines but forgot St Patrick’s day and Easter
42. Visit Papa twice a week. (This has been about a once a week thing. He’s in the nursing home now and sleeps most of the time)
43. Get Kevin started on religious emblem. I not only started with Kevin, I have another boy starting too! 44. Do the Safety merit badge with our patrol.
45. Get Christmas shopping done early. Done by December 1st. (I hated all the last minute scrambling this year. So stressful!)
46. Do 1 freezer meal a month Did a whole bunch of them earlier this month. LOVED it!
47. Keep up with the Motivated Mom’s chore list. (It’s been helping me break down my duties so housework doesn’t seem so overwhelming)
48. Donate to one new charity this year. Donated my weekly lunch budget to Feed the Poor. I fed 420 children and it felt great! 49. Participate in the March of Dimes Walkathon (I have only missed 1 in the last 21 years!) Janeen and I did this together on April 30th!
50. Have 3 Tyler days this year (a day with just my firstborn. I never get to spend time with him)
51. Have 3 Zach days this year (can’t leave out my youngest)
52. Have a Pamper Me day (I need a day for just me. Just one. That’s all I ask!)
All in all, I still feel good that I have been able to cross some of it off my list. I’m glad I’m doing this even though I’m not always successful!