I haven’t posted an update in several weeks and what do you know. When I don’t post and hold myself accountable, nothing happens! Project 52 runs a lot more smoothly when I do a regular update. Hmmm…let’s see if I can get back to doing that. Here’s how I did this week:
1. Try 1 new main dish recipe a month. (I used to be good at this, but as I get busier I get less creative) Made Ethiopian doro-wot 2. Try 1 new dessert a month. (My guys are always complaining I don’t bake enough) Made dabo kola (also Ethipian) 3. Make a crockpot meal once a week (It’s such a timesaver!) I have turkey and gravy in the crockpot right now for open faced on toasted sourdough 4. Stick to my weekly grocery budget (I’m trying the new cash envelope system for this) This week I did. The last 2 weeks…not so much.
5. Add to my savings monthly -Lately I’ve been subtracting
6. Pay off all hospital/doctor bills by April 1st Okay, this didn’t happen, but I warned you several weeks ago it might when I got a rather large bill I hadn’t anticipated. I was still proud of the effort we made to accomplish this though.
7. Take an outdoor walk weekly (Even in this cold Minnesota weather) Nope, finding I hate cold weather more than I thought.
8. Do the 50 mile bike ride with Zach Zach has encountered some knee problems again and has been icing for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it will get stronger.
9. Do a girl’s camping trip or weekend with Janeen. (We’ve been planning this for years and never do it) One scheduled for 5/3!!
10. Take mom out for margaritas. (Can you say “happy hour”, mom?)
11. Host a Bunco night
12. Wash the outside of my house (It’s awful, it really is)
13. Lose 20 pounds (yes I know I need to lose 4x that amount but these goals are supposed to be attainable, remember?) Really slow going this time around as my cousin and I have found out. In 10 weeks I have lost a grand total of five pounds 😦
14. Go ice fishing with my hubby (He likes to fish- I don’t. and I HATE the cold!) I still have until next winter, right?
15. Shoot bow with my hubby (He really wants me to do this so I will)
16. Do 1 date night a month with my hubby. (I’m hearing all the time on Facebook how all my friends have such a good time on their weekly date nights. I’m so jealous!) In March we went out for dinner at Rafferty’s for their Lenten special Seafood Supreme Pizza. I’ve heard there are several good movies out right now so I think that’s what we’ll do for April.
17. Read 100 books. (Last year I read 86 I KNOW I can hit 100 this year) 17 down- 83 to go!
18. Do an independent Bible study. (I love the one I facilitate yearly and I have no more time left in my schedule to join another one so I think an independent study might well be the answer)
19. Read 1 inspirational book a month. Started reading The Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen but it’s a BIG book so cut me some slack!
20. Pull 1 book a month off my personal bookshelf and place it in my TBR pile. (I have a lot of books I’ve purchased because I sincerely want to read them, so why do I keep checking out stacks from the library?) Read Eye contact and Cul-de-Sac from my bookshelf in March and for April I just started reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.
21. Go through clothes in closet and give to charity. (I’m not a clothes horse but I have run out of room)
22. Blog on book blog once a week. (I enjoyed book blogging but I quit when life got crazy and I just haven’t gotten back to it) I have been doing awesome at this!
23. Plan at least 2 meals a week from my pantry. (I get such great coupon deals and I have been stockpiling. Now I have to use it!)
24. Add $5.00 to my Christmas fund weekly (doesn’t sound like much but it will add up, trust me)
25. Find new website for Boy Scouts (the one I have been using now wants to charge us so I’m shopping for a new free one) Started a WordPress blog instead and I think it’s going really well. 26. Update the new website for Boy Scouts once a week during school year
27. Paint my living room (I’m afraid of color. I like open, clean white but I’m ready to stretch)
28. Redo wiring/cabling on my TV/home theater/ DVD recorder/satellite.
29. Install new garbage can roller system under sink
30. Fill in potholes in driveway (it’s like riding a bucking bronco all the way up to my garage)
31. Go to 3 movies at theater this year. (we never go, it’s pitiful)
32. Get flower beds cleaned out by June 1st (last year I think I got to them sometime around the 4th of July!)
33. Get flag back up on flagpole. (pulley system broke- I miss it)
34. Get back to weekly training topic at work. Whoops! We’ve just been so busy!!
35. Hold 2 training meetings at work this year
36. Go on 1 pilgrimage with my church (I’ve missed some good ones due to expense or having to take time off from work. One of the day trip pilgrimages would be fun. Walmart will not close down if I ask for the day off!)
37. Have Janeen and Al over for a card night.
38. Have Janeen and Al over for a BBQ
39. Treat mom & dad to a Dutch Oven meal.
40. Hold a coupon class for the Janeen, Lori & Janelle (they’ve been begging!)
41. Bring treats to work for the holidays to thank my associates and show them they are appreciated (I’m thinking Valentines, St Patricks Day, Easter, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. I used to do this several years ago) Did Valentines, forgot about St Patrick’s Day.
42. Visit Papa twice a week. The man is never home- I swear. I tried on 3 different occasions in the last week and a half and he was gone!
43. Get Kevin started on religious emblem. Bought the book and brought it to start last week but he wasn’t at Scouts. We will start tomorrow.
44. Do the Safety merit badge with our patrol. Part way through, just waiting for some paperwork to come in.
45. Get Christmas shopping done early. Done by December 1st. (I hated all the last minute scrambling this year. So stressful!)
46. Do 1 freezer meal a month. (It doesn’t take any longer to double a meal and freeze one for later) I have some filling for stuffed peppers in the freezer.
47. Keep up with the Motivated Mom’s chore list. (It’s been helping me break down my duties so housework doesn’t seem so overwhelming)
48. Donate to one new charity this year.
49. Participate in the March of Dimes Walkathon (I have only missed 1 in the last 21 years!) Scheduled for April 30th
50. Have 3 Tyler days this year (a day with just my firstborn. I never get to spend time with him)
51. Have 3 Zach days this year (can’t leave out my youngest)
52. Have a Pamper Me day (I need a day for just me. Just one. That’s all I ask!)
Now that I look at the list I guess it doesn’t look like I have slacked off too much!