I feel good about this week even though I didn’t get much crossed off!
1. Try 1 new main dish recipe a month. (I used to be good at this, but as I get busier I get less creative)
2. Try 1 new dessert a month. (My guys are always complaining I don’t bake enough) In February I made a no bake cereal bar recipe with the Multigrain Cheerios I have boxes of in my pantry. (and yes- it has peanut butter in it!)
Make a crockpot meal once a week (It’s such a timesaver!) For week 3 I made Stuffed Peppers
4. Stick to my weekly grocery budget (I’m trying the new cash envelope system for this) Whoops! Went over budget this week spending $112. But, I knew I was going to because I was buying for our Valentines Day meal which is a splurge. The crab legs alone cost $30 out of my $100 budget. I don’t feel too guilty about this though since I only spent $68 last week.
5. Add to my savings monthly -Lately I’ve been subtracting
6. Pay off all hospital/doctor bills by April 1st This goal might not happen. When I set this date I forgot about Zach’s physical therapy bill which was about twice as much money as I thought it would be. I did, however, pay off 3 off them so far this month and I feel great about that!
7. Take an outdoor walk weekly (Even in this cold Minnesota weather) Took advantage of 30 degree weather Saturday to do this
8. Do the 50 mile bike ride with Zach
9. Do a girl’s camping trip or weekend with Janeen. (We’ve been planning this for years and never do it)
10. Take mom out for margaritas. (Can you say “happy hour”, mom?)
11. Host a Bunco night
12. Wash the outside of my house (It’s awful, it really is)
13. Lose 20 pounds (yes I know I need to lose 4x that amount but these goals are supposed to be attainable, remember?) Down 4 pounds this week due to teeth problems last week that prevented me from eating much, but hey, I’ll take it any way I can get it!
14. Go ice fishing with my hubby (He likes to fish- I don’t. and I HATE the cold!)
15. Shoot bow with my hubby (He really wants me to do this so I will)
16. Do 1 date night a month with my hubby. (I’m hearing all the time on Facebook how all my friends have such a good time on their weekly date nights. I’m so jealous!) We went out for supper to Poncho & Lefty’s in January. 17. Read 100 books. (Last year I read 86 I KNOW I can hit 100 this year) Book 3/100 finished. This week I finished One Second After by William R. Forstchen. My review is scheduled for next Wenesday.
18. Do an independent Bible study. (I love the one I facilitate yearly and I have no more time left in my schedule to join another one so I think an independent study might well be the answer)
19. Read 1 inspirational book a month.
Pull 1 book a month off my personal bookshelf and place it in my TBR pile. (I have a lot of books I’ve purchased because I sincerely want to read them, so why do I keep checking out stacks from the library?) For February I dusted off Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern. I don’t know how long it’s been on my bookshelf but it’s off now!
21. Go through clothes in closet and give to charity. (I’m not a clothes horse but I have run out of room)
22. Blog on book blog once a week. (I enjoyed book blogging but I quit when life got crazy and I just haven’t gotten back to it) Posted my Sunday Confessional on http://bybookorbycrook.blogspot.com. Also have review for One Second After scheduled for next Wednesday. 23. Plan at least 2 meals a week from my pantry. (I get such great coupon deals and I have been stockpiling. Now I have to use it!) Plans in place for next week are: Stuffed Peppers and Chicken Cutlets with Creamy Italian Noodles. 24. Add $5.00 to my Christmas fund weekly (doesn’t sound like much but it will add up, trust me)
25. Find new website for Boy Scouts (the one I have been using now wants to charge us so I’m shopping for a new free one)
26. Update the new website for Boy Scouts once a week during school year
27. Paint my living room (I’m afraid of color. I like open, clean white but I’m ready to stretch)
28. Redo wiring/cabling on my TV/home theater/ DVD recorder/satellite.
29. Install new garbage can roller system under sink
30. Fill in potholes in driveway (it’s like riding a bucking bronco all the way up to my garage)
31. Go to 3 movies at theater this year. (we never go, it’s pitiful)
32. Get flower beds cleaned out by June 1st (last year I think I got to them sometime around the 4th of July!)
33. Get flag back up on flagpole. (pulley system broke- I miss it)
34. Get back to weekly training topic at work. Very bust trying to get caught up with fiscal year budgeting and SWAS plans and plum forgot to do this this week!
35. Hold 2 training meetings at work this year
36. Go on 1 pilgrimage with my church (I’ve missed some good ones due to expense or having to take time off from work. One of the day trip pilgrimages would be fun. Walmart will not close down if I ask for the day off!)
37. Have Janeen and Al over for a card night.
38. Have Janeen and Al over for a BBQ
39. Treat mom & dad to a Dutch Oven meal.
40. Hold a coupon class for the Janeen, Lori & Janelle (they’ve been begging!)
41. Bring treats to work for the holidays to thank my associates and show them they are appreciated (I’m thinking Valentines, St Patricks Day, Easter, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. I used to do this several years ago) Made gourmet pretzels for Valentines Day. Drizzled them in pink & white. (Terri missed out on them at Christmas time) 42. Visit Papa twice a week. 43. Get Kevin started on religious emblem. We finally decided to start on the Ad Altare Dei instead of the Pope Pius book so as soon as I can pick up the workbooks we will be on our way. 44. Do the Safety merit badge with our patrol.
45. Get Christmas shopping done early. Done by December 1st. (I hated all the last minute scrambling this year. So stressful!)
46. Do 1 freezer meal a month. (It doesn’t take any longer to double a meal and freeze one for later)
47. Keep up with the Motivated Mom’s chore list. (It’s been helping me break down my duties so housework doesn’t seem so overwhelming) 48. Donate to one new charity this year. Donated my weekly lunch budget to Feed the Poor. I fed 420 children and it felt great!
49. Participate in the March of Dimes Walkathon (I have only missed 1 in the last 21 years!)
50. Have 3 Tyler days this year (a day with just my firstborn. I never get to spend time with him)
51. Have 3 Zach days this year (can’t leave out my youngest)
52. Have a Pamper Me day (I need a day for just me. Just one. That’s all I ask!)